InVivo will attend at following conferences:
- 5th BioProScale Symposium 2018 in Berlin: three-day symposium about industrial scale bioprocess intensification from process development to large-scale understanding. 20 to 22 March 2018, Berlin, Germany
- German Biotech Days in Berlin: an annual two-day event that provides a forum for all stakeholders in Germany’s biotech scene to exchange views and experiences. 18 and 19 April 2018, Berlin, Germany
- AACC 2018 Congress in Chicago, IL: AACC 2018 is organizing their 70th Annual Scientific Meeting from 29 July to 2 Aug
- Bionnale 2018 in Berlin: the largest networking event for life sciences and healthcare industries in the German capital region. 20 June 2018, Berlin, Germany
- 6th Antibody Industrial Symposium 2018 in Montpellier, France: a conference for scientists, industrials, physicians and policy makers to exchange about therapeutic antibodies. 25 to 26 June 2018, Montpellier, France
- MEDICA 2018 – World Forum for Medicine in Düsseldorf: the world’s leading trade fair for the medical industry. 12 to 15 November 2018, Düsseldorf, Germany.
We look forward to meeting with you at an event to discuss your project in protein production. Write us an e-mail and schedule a meeting today.
MEDLAB will will take place from 5 – 8 February 2018 at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Dubai, UAE.
To book a meeting please write an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to meeting you there.
Mouse monoclonal antibodies are standard in research and diagnostic. Among all advantages of mouse monoclonal antibodies there is a lack of affinity, sensitivity and specificity especially for small epitopes and antigens that are non-immunogenic to rodents. This suggests that a huge number of diseases are under-diagnosed because of non-availability of high-quality antibodies. Rabbit monoclonal antibodies (Rab-mabs) show 10 to 100 times higher affinities than mouse monoclonal antibodies and impress by improved specificity which is extremely important in all fields of clinical and non-clinical diagnostic. However, all advantages of Rab-mabs are eliminated by the low productivity of monoclonal rabbit hybridoma. To meet the needs of IVD manufacturers InVivo implemented a rapid Rab-mab production system by transient gene expression to generate mg to g scales of highly affine, sensitive and specific IgGs within weeks.
Successful conversion of Rab-mabs into recombinant rabbit antibodies requires a combination of different scientific techniques. Firstly needed is the preparation of cDNA and sequencing of the antibody variable regions out of the rabbit hybridoma cell line. Second, synthesized full length rabbit antibody cDNA are cloned into mammalian expression vectors. Third, recombinant rabbit antibody is produced in mammalian cells preserving high productivity at good viability and suitable cell density. InVivo has implemented a novel technology for efficient transient transfection and expression in HEK cells, being especially designed for high-yielding recombinant antibody production. In brief, we developed a low cytotoxicity transfection reagent and a culture medium that can be used for transfection and production. For the establishment of an optimized host cell line for transient gene expression processes we utilized directed evolution. This completed the production platform for high throughput approaches and large scale transfection for the production of gram quantities IgG within days.
Dr. Tim Welsink presented workflow, optimization of expression and case study data on producing recombinant Rab-mabs at the HAH conference in November 2016. Click here for the final presentation as pdf
For more information about transient transfection and how to achieve the best results visit our website transient-transfection.com